Before we go deep down in the discussion; we shall first tell our reader what is a calcaneal fracture.
A calcaneal fracture my means about the fracture of the calcaneus. A calcaneus is the heel bone. which is large bone and forms the foundation of the rear part of the foot. The Calcaneus is connected to the Talus and to the Cuboid bone. Talus is the bone that forms the lower ankle joint while the cuboid connects the ankle and the foot. The type of calcaneal fracture bone is spongy which is covered by a hard shell.
Best Shoe After Calcaneal Fracture Reviews 2021
This section of the article discusses some of the best shoes that you can buy from the market after going through a Calcaneal fracture. You can also order for your friends and family those have been gone through this pain full process. You need a pair of best shoes after a calcaneal surgery as it provides the maximum Comfortable Surgeons shoes and allows natural healing process.
|Procare Squared Toe||A++|
|Darco Med-Surg shoe||A+|
|Aircast AirSelect Walker||A|
|Mars Wellness Premium||A+|
1. Procare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe
On top of the list is the Pro Care Squared Toe post-Op shoes, which is the most demanded on in the market after a person goes through a Calcaneal surgery. The main reason is that this pair of shoes provides the maximum support and allows the maximum natural healing process. The design of the shoe is universal and it can be worn on either foot. This pair of shoes will not wet the dressing done for the healing. The heel of the orthotics for calcaneal fracture is square toe and it is padded and it makes an ease to walk. The other way of getting protection is in the toe area where there is maximum cushioning around the toes. It is designed with an adjustable ankle strap which gives good fitting. It comes with a removable insole; this makes the cleaning much easy. Now it is not a tension if you go out on a dusty road.
- It is light in weight.
- It is designed in a way that it is easy to slide the foot in.
- It is a breathable shoe.
- The quality of the ankle starves designed with Velcro straps is good enough.
- It comes in a reasonable price.
- This shoe can also be used for broken toes.
- A person might feel that his toe is getting upward and outwards and the reason is the shape of the sole.
- The sole of the shoe is not as fixed or rigid as it should be.
- This shoe is difficult to hard around the ankle.
- The shoe lacks support for the ankle.
- The shoe decays when it becomes wet several times.
2. Darco Med-Surg Post-Operative Shoe
On second position we have this most demanding Darco med-Surg Post-Operative shoe which is specifically designed for the calcaneal fracture. This shoe is best if a patient is looking for the full rigid support around the ankle. It is designed with fore foot closure which gives the maximum support to the foot while a light walk. It reduces the friction of the heel and the keeps the foot firmly on the sole. The front toe box is of square shape which gives maximum room to the toe and does not make a patient uncomfortable.
The most outstanding feature of the shoes is that it is designed with Meta Shank protection technology which provides support to the injured toes. The shoe helps in the slow recovery process and provides comfort at all stages of recovery . this can also be opted even after the bandages are removed.
- The shoes is designed with the best fore foot closure design.
- It provides the maximum and high quality best comfort while wearing it.
- It is designed with the Meta Shank protection technology to give more relief even for the injured toes. So it can be used for two purposes.
- It gives a good fit around the ankle and the mid foot.
- The toe box is of square shape thus giving more room to the toe.
- The insole is of Peg Assist, which is the main source of comfort even while a little shocks occur.
- It comes with an Normal price under budget.
You might not like this shoe for post-surgery because:
- It does not provide maximum protection around the toe as it is not well cushioned.
- It does not come with a rigid sole.
- Some reviews says that this shoe is only perfect for patients with small feet and it might not be suitable for the people with wide feet.
- Mostly people complaint that the post-surgery shoe is mostly not available in the required sizes.
3. Aircast AirSelect Walker Brace
This is one of the amazing post-surgery shoe and is highly recommended for those who are seeking for a relief after a Calcaneal fracture. It comes with a universal design means that it can be worn on both foot. It comes with an open design and it is easy to put it on in case of hurry too. The plastics made material gives maximum stability on the ground. The best part of this comfort shoe is that it comes in three different styles and three different sizes that serves the best when it comes to the comfort and protection. These three styles are :
Short, Standard and Elite
The short version helps to reduce the symptoms because of the hind foot, forefoot and midfoot injuries and it gives maximum comfort to the patients. This version comes with the pre-inflated front panel and air adjustable cells. This allows the feet to breathe and thus discomfort is reduced too. The standard version of female Doctors shoes provides the comfort and support to the injured foot and also helps in getting a relief from the sprain in ankle and any kind of injuries in the lower leg and ankle.
Coming towards the Elite version running after calcaneus fracture, it gives the same feature and comfort just like the standard one but it has been equipped with some of the extra benefits too. It helps in reducing the swelling of the injured foot.
All the three version of this brand of post –surgery comfort shoes are light in weight and breathable too. The main aim is to provide the comfort to the foot in case of nay shocks also keep the foot well protected.
Look below at the main outstanding features which might compel you to buy:
- All of the versions of the shoe are light in weight.
- The shoe absorbs the shocks
- It has a universal design.
- It gives pneumatic pressures to the foot which reduces the swelling.
- The shoe provides the best ventilation.
- This shoe is easy to put on and off.
Some of the bad things about this shoe are:
- This does not provide a good grip and in addition to that the Velcro strips are not durable.
- When the air of the shoe is pumped out, the fitting of the shoe will not come back to the accurate one.
- The sizes of this shoe if you buy online are not accurate. Always prefer to buy from the store near you.
- It is an expensive shoe.
4. BraceAbility Short Broken Toe Boot
This shoe comes with an open toe design and a wide toe bed. This gives maximum comfort by a shock absorbing liner. It comes with extra soft pads. It gives the maximum comfort to the foot while it heels. This shoe is so comfortable that it gives space to the bandage and plasters. It will not exert any kind of discomfort to the patient. It is designed with a low height bottom and a gait which for the comfort while it also comes with the medical-grade straps to give fit to the person wearing it. Moreover it is designed with the plastic polymer plastic shell which gives support Dental Assistants shoes to the ankle an d the sides of the foot. The medical grade life after a calcaneus fracture Velcro straps are ten times stronger than the normal Velcro straps and gives the maximum support to the foot while the recovery process.
What we like about it:
- It comes with an adjustable straps system.
- It is designed with a rocker sole.
- It is designed with medical grade Velcro straps which are more stronger.
- It has wide foot bed, so the patient with wide feet will find it more comfortable.
- It is light in weight so as to be easily carried by the patient after surgery.
- It comes with a strong polymer shell.
- It comes with a soft liner system which gives comfort.
The negative reviews about the shoe are:
- The inner side of the shoe has no strong grip.
- The shoes lacks stability.
- With this shoe it is a little hard to walk as it is a bit clunky.
- This is an expensive shoe.
5. Mars Wellness Premium Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe
Last on the list is the best shoe after a calcaneal surgery. It is also a universal design so that it can be worn on either a left or a right foot whichever is injured. The shoe is designed with a high ankle strap whose main purpose is to keep the foot in the right position. It is regarded as one of the best shoe if you have been through a calcaneal surgery. The shoe sis best to reduce the healing process of the foot. It is designed with a rigid rocker sole. It has a traction sole which makes the grab on the ground and avoid any kind of slippage.
The shoe like other post-surgery shoes is designed with the Velcro straps which can be adjusted on the forefoot, mid foot and the ankles and gives maximum security while a walk. The inner of the shoe is well cushioned so as to keep the injured foot comfortable.
What we like about this shoes is:
- It gives the best level of protection to the injured foot.
- It is easy and comfortable to wear.
- It is light in weight so that the patient can walk easily
- It is designed with a non-slip bottom. Now no worries while a slow walk, even after a surgery.
- The straps can be easily adjusted for the best fit.
- It comes in a friendly budget.
The negative reviews about this shoe are:
- The rocker sole of the shoe is not at the best .
- The Velcro straps of the shoe are long which can be irritating at times.
- It is said that this shoe put pressure on the toes which might disturb the person wearing it
- The company does not properly define the proper size chart. This is so awful about it.
How will you get to know that you have a Calcaneal Fracture?
Although a calcaneal fracture is only declared when a doctor declares it. However there are some obvious signs which can highlight that a person has a calcaneal fracture. These signs and symptoms are:
- Trouble in walk
- Deformity of the heel
What is the main reason behind a Calcaneal fracture?
A calcaneal fracture might occur when a person falls down on his feet from a heighted place or it might occur because of a road accident.
How is a Calcaneal fracture treated and how long it takes?
In some cases, a patient is given anesthesia and the foot is treated by manipulating it. This case does not involves any surgery and is called closed reduction. There is also an open reduction procedure, which is used when there is a major fracture and it requires the surgery of the foot.
It is said that it is normal RICE method that the recovery after a Calcaneal fracture takes long. The foot will be protected by a splint or cast. The patient is advised not to walking boots Cover Shoes or put force on the foot for at least eight weeks.
It is obvious that Calcaneal fracture is a painful injury and it needs proper treatment and proper acre. For that it is important to buy and wear on the most comfortable shoe so that the healing process can be made quick and comfortable. It also allows the patient to keep up the courage to walk and go out to get some fresh air while preventing the feet and toes poor healing calcaneus fracture from shocks. However it is important to invest in the right kind of post-surgery shoe which can make it easy for the patient to recover and have faith in his abilities even after such a big trauma.